Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Apache POI

I have one web application, everytime i deploy i will need to load initial reference data again and again.

The amount of these data is huge!

I used to hardcode all these data in my Java file. I organised them properly using data structure such as String array and so on. In my Java file i have a few functions that actually perform the data loading job.

The problem is, It's time consuming and error prone to hardcode each and every data in the Java file.

Therefore, today i decided to put all the data in Spreadsheet program. It is easier to maintain data at Spreadsheet rather than in the Java file itself.

Then i used Apache POI library to read me those data from the Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel).

Just one time try and it worked fine!

So simple! I was really delighted!

No comments:

Post a Comment